Masala Chai Crème Brûlée
Making a Crème Brûlée can be tricky, but when done right - with interesting flavours guest will love them. We tried the obvious favourite: Masala Chai! See the full recipe below.
Cream 1 l
Milk 300 ml
Cardamom, powder 7 g
Cinnamon powder 3 g
Ginger powder 1 g
Black pepper crushed 1 g
Caster Sugar 400 g
Egg, york 15 pc
- Heat cream and milk slowly and don’t boil, but only simmer.
- Brew the Lipton Yellow Label Tea Bags in simmering cream.
- Add spices and brew for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture.
- In a mixing bowl cream the sugar and eggs until sugar is dissolved and mixture is turned light yellow.
- Temper the chai cream mixture into the egg sugar mixture.
- Pour the mix into ramekins.
- Place ramekins in water bath & bake in oven for 30 minutes at 160°C.
- Set Crème Brûlée in the fridge for 12 hours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with caster sugar and Brûlée the top.