Tips on Reducing Costs
We’ve discussed how a chef can improve cost efficiency in a restaurant. Now, here’s a look at some other ways to reduce costs that didn’t fit into previously discussed topics.
- Use ingredients that are in season
- Learn from your suppliers about market conditions, supplies and cost-effective suggestions
- Make the most of regional dishes as locally sourced ingredients are usually cheaper
- Be a smart buyer and consider the quality and amount of ingredients you buy
- Explore the use of common ingredients across several dishes as an ingredient used only in one dish can be a loss maker