Fish and Chips is a great British classic dish.Triple cooked chips may put you off with all the work involved but it is quite easy and worth the effort. This method doesn't fry the chips twice. Instead, we blanch them once, fry them once & then finish off in the oven.
- Sauté onions, garlicand ginger until light brown. Add the peas and cook until soft. Season with salt, pepper and Knorr Professional Lime Seasoning before mashing with a hand blender until your desired texture.
- Add Best Food Real Mayonnaise for that extra richness.
- Soak your chips in cold water for 5mins or so to remove starch. Rinse well under running water then simmer them in salted water for 7-9mins. Chips should still hold its shape.
- Drain them well and lay them onto baking tray. Put them in the freezer for 30mins or so to dry them out.
- Heat your frying oil to high temperature and fry the chips until lightly coloured.
- Now, place your chips on a baking tray in the oven at 180°C and bake them for about 20 mins or until chips are dark golden brown around the edges.
- Make batter by mixing Knorr Professional Batter Mix, and water. Set aside in the chiller for 15min before frying.
- Dust the fish with Knorr Professional Batter Mix flour before coating in the batter.
- Fry at 180°C until golden brown.