Chilli Lime Calamari Rings with Coleslaw Salad
Pre-soaking the calamari in milk before cooking is one way to get this delicate squid nice and tender.
- Slice calamari, bodies sliced into ½ inch rings, tentacles left whole.
- Soak calamari in milk for 6 hours to ensure tenderness.
- Marinade the calamari in Knorr Coating Mix Spices for 2 hours’ max.
- Mix the Knorr Coating Mix with flour.
- Coat marinated calamari in dry flour and Knorr Coating Mix and then dip into cold water for 10 seconds.
- Coat the calamari again in the dry flour mix. Deep fry in preheated oil of 170°C.
- Combine shredded carrots and cabbage with Best Foods Real Mayonnaise, also add freshly chopped mint and a little Knorr Lime Seasoning.
- Once calamari is fried season with Knorr Lime Seasoning.